We, DARESNI, (we/us/our), or a legal successor, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By using the DARESNI website & subsequent applications to include IOS or Android (and in particular by passing on your personal information to us via the DARESNI website or, if you are a parent, by allowing your child to do the same), you consent to collect, storing and using your or, if applicable, your child's personal information, as described in this policy. If you are a parent who allows your child to use the DARESNI website, references in this policy to "your personal information" are to your child's personal information.
Data protection compliance
We operate the DARESNI website from our offices in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Personal information collected through the DARESNI website is processed per the general data protection guidelines (GDPR) and all other subsequent data protection legislation (Act). For the AVG.
If you choose to visit the DARESNI website from outside the KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN, you do so at your own risk, provided that personal information collected through the DARESNI website can be collected, stored and used in a country whose privacy legislation may be different and less protective than that of your home country.
If you are under the age of 18, ask your parent's permission before providing personal information via the DARESNI website.
Our legal basis for processing your information
The use of your data for the purposes set out above is lawful because one or more of the following situations apply:
Where you have provided us with information to request information or to perform a service for you, we assume that you have permitted us to use the information for that purpose based on how you have provided the information to us. You can withdraw the consent at any time by sending us an email at Admin@daresni.net. This does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your information before your withdrawal of approval has been received, and action has been taken.
Where you have created a profile for one of our web products, where we would collect/record your permission to provide your account and relevant service.
We must store and use your information so that we can fulfill our obligations under a contract entered into with you or to take steps that you ask us before entering into a contract.
Where necessary to meet our legal requirements.
Where the purpose of our processing is the delivery of information or services to you, we can also rely on the fact that it is necessary for your legitimate interests that we provide the requested information or service, and given that you require it would assume that you are not disadvantaged in fulfilling your request.
Where necessary, providing information to a third party to enable them to perform part of a contract or to request assistance, such as an external training provider or a specific body for financing skills.
If you want to contact us about your course preferences, please contact email@example.com
Or call +973 3366 2333
Information we may collect
When you visit the DARESNI website, we may collect and process the following data about you, including "personal information" as defined by law:
- Information you provide to us - You can give us information by filling in forms or otherwise providing information to the DARESNI website or by correspondence with us via email, telephone, and post. This may be information you provide to us when you register to use the DARESNI website, create an account, create a swarm, post comments, request a training program offered by us or one of our partners , make purchases, "like" content, ask or answer questions, thank other users of the DARESNI website (Users) for advice, update your profile, apply for vacancies, search for courses, take participate in discussions or other functions of the DARESNI website, report offensive content or another problem with the DARESNI website or when you respond to specific questions from us. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, photo, portfolio, employment details, training details, skills, audience, industry sector (s), and other information about your professional life that you provide to us. Some or all of this information may be publicly visible on the DARESNI website and may appear in search engine search results and recommendations to other users.
- Information about you that we collect - Each time you visit the DARESNI website, we may collect the following technical information about how you have visited the DARESNI website: the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to access your computer connect to the internet; your login details; your browser type and version; your time zone setting; the types and versions of your browser plug-in; your operating system and platform, traffic data, location data, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicking and mouse overs); weblogs and other communication data.
- Information about your use of the DARESNI website - Each time you visit the DARESNI website, we may collect the following technical information about your use of the DARESNI website: the full clickstream of the Uniform Resource Locators (URL) to, via and from the DARESNI website (including date and time); page response times; download errors; duration of visits to individual pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicking and mouse overs); and methods used to scroll away from the last page visited. We can also keep a telephone number from which you call us.
- Information We Receive From Other Sources - If you permit us, we may also retrieve information from your LinkedIn, Google, Facebook, or Twitter account when you register on the DARESNI website. Some or all of this information may be visible to the public and may appear in search engine results.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason, either by email, letter, via the DARESNI website or via our helpline.
Personal information collected by the DARESNI website is often limited to contact details and some necessary information about your work area and employment status but may contain other information that is required to provide a particular service that you have requested.
Sensitive, including the particular category of personal information, may include information about your ethnic origin, nationality, gender, membership of a trade union or association, employment status, sexual orientation, care responsibilities, number of children, and, in some cases, your socio-economic background. If you are under the age of 18, you must ensure that your parent permits us to provide sensitive information about yourself.
If you request a service for which government funding is available, you may have to answer specific additional questions, such as your age and your current education and employment status, so that we can assess whether you are eligible for that funding. By providing your information to the DARESNI website, you explicitly permit us to process your personal and sensitive data.
However, when we collect sensitive personal data through the DARESNI website, we will ask you for permission to use our data, and you can choose not to give us this permission if you wish. Where the provision of information is optional, this is made clear.
We handle all the information that we collect per this policy.
Cookie and users follow
How do we use the information about you that we collect?
The information we receive and store about you is essentially used to enable us to provide our services to you. Besides, we may use some or all of the information about you for the following purposes:
When information about you is accessible to others
- To provide you with information requested from us (such as invitations to events, publications or e-newsletters) or information about other products or services (including general updates on the DARESNI website, our partner organizations or carefully selected third parties) that in our opinion may be of interest to you if you have agreed to receive such information.
- To fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
- To display your profile in our folders and elsewhere on the DARESNI website
- To notify you of changes to the DARESNI website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- To handle your comment or question and contact you for more information about a comment or question you have made.
- To arrange and deliver services you have requested, online, one-to-one, or over the telephone.
- To manage our site and for internal operations, including problem-solving, data analysis, testing, research, and surveys.
- To generate anonymous statistics to help us improve our services to you (these statistics do not contain information that can identify you as an individual). Sometimes we can ask you if we can keep sensitive personal data linked to an individual learning record. This can happen when we want to follow the progress of people with different backgrounds through and after a training program. It can also occur when we have to share your data with a financing organization or a partner of a training provider. Providing personally sensitive information is always voluntary, and we will explicitly request your consent from your parents to share it, and all statistics based on it are still anonymous.
- To ensure that equal opportunities policy is active, applications, approvals, and placements are monitored. The collected sensitive information regarding your gender, age, ethnic group, sexual orientation, care responsibilities, and in some cases, socio-economic background and any disability that you have is used solely for control purposes and will be treated as confidential.
- Fill in forms on the DARESNI website in advance to request information that you have already provided, for your convenience and ease of use.
- To assess your professional needs and attributes to match you with other Users, and to identify content, resources and job openings that are appropriate for you and those other Users
- To request suitable resources from third parties (such as LinkedIn)
- depending on your settings and where you subscribe to updates, to send you those updates
- To manage our site and for internal operations, including problem-solving, data analysis, testing, research and surveys
- To link your LinkedIn, Google, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter profiles to your DARESNI profile if you choose to do this (which allows us to send your information to LinkedIn for that purpose).
Occasionally we (or trusted third parties carefully selected by us) may send you information about our (or their) products, services, and activities. Before you receive such information, we will ask you if you wish to receive such information. If you confirm that you want to receive such information and your parent affirms to us that it is OK for you to receive such information, you agree to the use of your data (and, if applicable, sharing it with such trusted third parties) for that purpose. If you confirm that you do not wish to receive such information, we will not use your data, and we will not share it with such trusted third parties for that purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us by email at Admin@daresni.net.
Where we store your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored, usually within the KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN or other parts of the European Economic Area (EEA), on secure servers hosted by third parties that offer hosting or other services to us or by us.
We store application data, including personal, sensitive data in electronic forms that are stored on our secure intranet. Printed copies of application forms are stored in lockable cupboards in a safe office environment.
Due to issues such as financial or technical considerations, the information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), which do not fall under the same data protection rules as in the KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN. We can do this because some business systems are hosted on servers outside the EEA, e.g., US, Switzerland, etc.
We fulfill our obligations under the AVG by ensuring that the information offers equivalent protection as if it were stored within the EEA. We do this by providing that there are appropriate safeguards for third parties who process your data outside the EEA. This is usually because the country benefits from an adequacy provision for GDPR purposes and, where appropriate, we have entered into a data processing agreement with the third party that contains model EU clauses or the third party works under EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
We take all reasonable precautions to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information and to ensure that it is processed under this policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the internet is not secure, and therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically. You acknowledge and agree that, despite our efforts to protect your personal information, there is a risk that others may attempt to intercept the personal information that you provide to us. The transfer of your data is entirely at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security functions to prevent unauthorized access. Where we have given you a password (or where you have chosen) so that you have access to certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except when the data can be provided to a third-party company, such as tools for email newsletters, e.g. Mail Chimp or web agency, for the sole purpose of providing a service on behalf of the DARESNI website (if you, or your parent if you are a child, have consented).
Your data - your name address, contact details, etc. - will only be shared with partners or financiers who are contractually linked to the educational or training option you have requested. Where we should share it with a specific organization, we will ask for your consent (or, if you are a child, your parent's permission).
Your sensitive personal information, including particular category confidential information, regarding characteristics such as your gender, ethnicity, disability, or sexual orientation is always requested voluntarily - you can choose not to say so - and diversity statistics collected through our monitoring systems are still reported anonymous.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required to do so under a legal obligation and use external data for fraud prevention and credit risk mitigation, or if this would not infringe your rights, but is necessary and public interest.
Other than this, we will not share your information with other organizations without your permission.
Course information and links from third parties
The DARESNI website has ensured that the information on the DARESNI website is correct. However, no warranty is given, express or implied, and the DARESNI website does not accept any liability for errors or omissions. The DARESNI website is not responsible for how the information is used, how it is interpreted, or what trust is placed on it. We cannot guarantee that the information on the DARESNI website is suitable for a specific purpose. You should also bear in mind that the availability of training courses is subject to conditions applied by individual institutions at their discretion.
You can find links to third-party websites on the DARESNI website. These third websites must have their privacy policies that you must check before you provide personal information to them.
You have the right to request details of the personal data and processing activities that we perform with your data through a Request for Subject Access. Such requests must be made in writing. No costs can be charged under the AVG except in minimal circumstances, which will be explained to you if applicable. More information about requesting a request and the procedure can be found on our request for access to the data page.
You have the following rights: (as introduced under the GDPR):
the right to request rectification of information that is inaccurate or outdated
the right to delete your data (known as the 'right to be forgotten')
the right to limit the way we handle and use your information, and
the right to request that your information be provided to you in a format that is secure and suitable for reuse (known as the 'right to portability');
rights concerning automated decision-making and profiling, including profiling for marketing purposes.
If you are not satisfied with how we have processed or treated your information, you can file a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner.
Freedom of information
The Freedom of Information provides public access to information available to the government. It does this in two ways:
Governments are required to publish certain information about their activities; and
Members of the public have the right to request information from the government.
The DARESNI website is not a public entity and therefore does not fall directly under the FOA. We will respond to requests for information from members of the public when providing information in response to such an investigation does not adversely affect the DARESNI website or its stakeholders. This is entirely at the discretion of the DARESNI website, and we are in no way forced by FOA to respond to such requests. All requests for freedom of information must be sent to the data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you contact us?